I can't logon, even with my new password.
It’s probably your cookies. Please remove your internet history and cookies and try again:
1) Open Internet Explorer and click on Tools
2) Click on Internet Options
3) On the General Tab, in the middle of the screen, click on Delete Files
4) You may also want to check the box "Delete all offline content"
5) Click on OK and wait for the hourglass icon to stop after it deletes the temporary internet files
6) You can now click on Delete Cookies and click OK to delete cookies that websites have placed on your hard drive.
Deleting cookies in Firefox
The Firefox browser includes a cookie manager that allows you to locate and delete cookies from a particular website. Make sure that you are not signed in to the Justis.com service before you start this procedure.
On the Tools menu, select “Options…”.
In the Options dialog box, click the “Privacy” icon (a padlock).
In the Cookies section, click the “View Cookies…” button.
In the Cookies dialog box, click “Site” to sort the list of cookies by the name of their website.
Scroll down until you find the cookies.
Delete the cookies, using the “Remove Cookies” button.
Click “Close” to close the Cookies dialog box.
Click “OK” to close the Options dialog box.