Let’s do our homemade conditioner! Like a grand-ma recipe which will be so more nutritive and cheaper than all these products seen on these lying TV commercials.
Two eggs, half an avocado, half a lemon, shea butter, five tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, and one teaspoon of argan oil or castor oil.
You can also try other alternatives by adding a teaspoon of honey, half a banana, one tablespoon of coconut milk. Then, we will mix all these ingredients in a blender (we can also do it manually in a bowl.)
Regarding quantities, it can vary according to the length, and the volume of your hair. So don’t be afraid to abuse especially with the quantity of olive oil, and shea butter.
Five steps instructions:
1. Take a towel to put on your shoulders and divide your hair in 4 distinct sections. (Take your time to detangle them.)
2. Now, there are three options: You can either wet your divided hair in the shower before applying your mask, or take an old t-shirt that you don’t wear anymore that you will humidify, or use a 100 % water spray to moisten your hair.
3. Apply generously your mixture on your scalp, section by section.
4. Put a plastic shower cap on your head and stay with it for 30 minutes at least. But I suggest you to do this mask in the evening and keep it the whole night if your hair has been seriously damaged by aggressive relaxing products.
5. Rinse your hair with lukewarm or cold water.
Generally, repeating the process once a week is enough. Others will recommend doing it twice a month. It depends of the condition of your hair (damaged, in transition, or natural.)
This natural conditioner is THE magical solution for every kind of nappy hair, and to prove it, I will suggest you to watch this video of HeyFranHey, who gives golden advice. If you don’t have time however you can always order the Magical Detox Conditioner from the Nappshop.
Frans Video channel is at: HeyFranHey