Like our strands, we differ in length, pliability and curviness, yet our distinctive kinks have at least 10 things in common.
We nappy heads know our personalities are as different as the many textures that exists. Like our strands, we differ in length, pliability and curviness, yet our distinctive kinks have at least 10 things in common. Here is a top 10 list of things we share. Feel free to add to the list.
1) Our hair grows up and out and towards the sky rather than down towards the ground.
2) We have more than one texture on our head.
3) We all have a spot embellished with an unwilling kind of texture; it’s frizzy, doesn’t grow as fast as the rest of the hair or … please fill in yours.
4) We still have our kitchen.
5) We are not afraid, nor ashamed of our kitchen.
6) Our hair SHRINKS!
7) Our hair tangles.
8) We are blessed with hair that is unique. No other race on this planet has hair like ours.
9) We have the most interesting and playful texture. Soaking wet our hair looks very different than when it’s dry and combed out or blown out.
10) We don’t need a cut, extensions, or chemicals to change or looks drastically. We can go from cornrows to an afro, from flat-twists to braids and so on.