How to make an Afro puff in ten minutes.
10 minute Afro Puff
1. This was the before style; 2 big braids. Not bad great and certainly a great an easy going leisure style for me but maybe not appropriate for the corporate world.
2. This is what my hair looked like after taking off the hat and loosening the braids. (Yes, it could use a little moisture, I know) The advantage is that the hair is already stretched. I didn’t bother combing or brushing it out. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don’t. If you have time do it, if you don’t feel like it don’t but don’t go longer than a week without detangling your hair.
3. I had a middle part so I kept it. To keep the middle part bring the hair to the back and secure with pins. The jewel clips not only help to secure they also add color and spice to a puff.
4. The puff is secured with a no-damage hair elastic. That means no rubber band but a smooth continuous band without any metal parts in it that can rip your hair out.
5. To decorate the style I added a colorful ($1) wooden bracelet over the elastic band. Now you are ready to go in 10 minutes.