I approached this challenge with more than just the obligation of completion, but also the challenge of pulling this look off on my own. I challenged myself to emulate this look through my own skill. The goal that I wanted to accomplish was coming one step closer to mastering the smokey eye.
I actually used all 40 of the curlformers but started to take them down and remembered that I needed pictures.
Overall my experience with curl formers was a good one. Here are some of the things I learned:
- If you do not like to use heat on your hair, you’ll want to wash your hair a couple of days before using them so that you can stretch your hair by braid outs or twist outs. I washed my hair the same night that I went to put the curlformers in, I used the blow drier some what to dry and stretch my hair. I think the braid out would have done a much better job.
- Be sure that the section of hair you are using is not too wide for the hook you use to pull the hair through the curlformer or else it will pull on you hair and snag as you try to pull it through. Also if the ends of your hair are to bushy they will not pull nicely through the curlformer, but get stuck with the hook down the middle of the curlformer and your ends sticking out the top, leads to pulling on the scalp.
- They suck to sleep on 🙁
- At first they can look kind of intimidating but are actually not that bad to put in.right after taking the curlformers out
- As you can see in the picture my hair is kind of poofy but there is some spiral curl definition. I believe the definition would have been more pronounced if I had not washed my hair the day I put the curlformers in.
- I thought the curlformer was a really good alternative to using a curling iron. The curls were kind of fun.
- The day I wore my hair out it was hot and kind of humid, so my hair GREW quite a lot I used bobby pins to shape and style my hair.
- I received many compliments on my hair texture and style. I will definitely use curlformers again!
- Shop Natural Hair Products by Black Women at whatnaturalslove.com
Thank you Sponsors, thank you supporters! Thank you going-natural for the experience!
Sula NYC is a brand new company with amazing natural face and body products from Morocco that will turn even the ashiest elbows into healthy glowing skin in a heartbeat.
Sula NYC’s at home spa treatment iis perfect for removing the dry, dull, dead skin and revealing the glowing complexion beneath. In a few easy steps you can get this spa treatment at home. First begin by taking a nice hot steamy shower.
The opening reception of the Pursuit of Nappiness exhibition that features Natrual Hairstyles was a huge success. Among the visitors were Anu Prestonia from Khamit Kinks, Peta Hojes and Film Maker Mariette Monpierre who wrote and directed the award winning movie Elza.
Oh let’s see… Try ALL the products in the Eden Body Works’ Peppermint Tea tree hair pack and then choose my favorite. Would that even be possible? Decisions, decisions.